There is a saying in Germany “Everything is forbidden, apart from that, do what you like”.
So let´s take a look at the list of 5 things/actions and situations that are forbidden in Germany!
- A pillow is classified as a passive weapon. If you hit somebody with it, you can be charged with assault.
- You can be fined a fee of 5 000 € for calling an official a “little Hitler”.
- It is against the law to deny a chimney sweep access to a home once it’s demanded.
- It’s forbidden to keep urns at home. The German law of Friedhofszwang (“cemetery compulsion”) demands that any mortal remains have to be deposited in a designated space.
- It is against the law to mention the date 1966 in any football ground in Germany. This is when England won the World Cup at Wembley against West Germany (4-2).
Let us know if you know about any other interesting laws from your country!
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!